|Scholarship Name:||National Videogame Museum Scholarship|
|Scholarship Description:||Scholarship offered through the National Videogame Museum to high school students.|
|Number of Scholarships:||Four (4) awards
|Official Transcript Required:||No|
|References and Letter of Recommendations Required:||Two (2) letters of recommendation
|Original Essay Required:||Yes
|Additional Requirements and Information:||
1) Min. 3.0/4.0 GPA; 2) Must be enrolling in a four (4) year college or university upon graduation; 3) Must plan to pursue a degree leading to a career in the Video Games Industry or a Technology-based field; 4) Scholarships will be awarded in each of the following categories:
Frisco, Texas Resident:
o Frisco is home to the National Videogame Museum, and the museum would like to award one (1) applicant within Frisco city limits;
Women in Technology:
o Videogame design and technology fields have traditionally been male-dominated. In an effort to bring more diversity to these fields, this scholarship will be awarded to the most qualified female applicant;
· Applicants for this scholarship must be female and the application must be marked as “female” in the gender category.
o Applicants must be a current resident of the State of Texas.
· Texas residents attending out-of-state colleges will be considered in this category.
Texas Resident –Title 1 School Graduate:
o Applicants must be a current resident of the state of Texas AND must be graduating from a State of Texas designated Title 1 school;
· Applicant must also submit a letter indicating their family household income letter.
· Families with an income greater than $50,000.00/year will not be considered for this scholarship award.
5) At least one (1) letter of recommendation must be from a teacher at applicant’s school.
o Applicants may apply for one (1) or more scholarships but will only be awarded one (1) scholarship.
o Applications and supporting documents must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Location:||Nationwide (US), Texas TX
|Eligibility Requirements (Check all that apply):||Paper application, Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, Must be enrolled as a full-time student
|Additional Applicant Requirements:||Must be a graduating high school senior|
|Category (Select all that apply):||GPA, Gender, Need-based, Merit-based, School/College, Major/Field of Study|
|Point of Contact:||National Video Game Museum
8004 North Dallas Parkway
Frisco, Texas 75034
Deadline: April 1, 2019 (receipt date)
Note: Scholarship information is ALWAYS subject to change. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the relevant office to confirm qualification(s), requirements, deadline, and transmission mode(s) and address(es).