Scholarships for Hispanic Students
In recognition of Hispanic Appreciation Month (September 15, 2015 – October 15, 2015), we would like to remind our Hispanic scholars of the many generous scholarship opportunities available to them. The following is a list of scholarship resources for Latino students:
- Society of Mexican-American Scientists and Engineers (“MAES”): MAES offers scholarships to college Hispanic students pursuing STEM (“Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics”) degrees. MAES annually awards scholarship to MAES student members who are active in its organization. Since its inception, MAES has awarded over $500,000 in scholarship awards. http://mymaes.org/program-item/maes-scholarships/
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (“HACU”): HACU awards generous scholarships to students enrolled/enrolling at a HACU-member or college partner institution. Although scholarship amounts vary, generally scholarships are in the amounts of $500.00 – $2,000.00. Additionally, HACU provides scholarships for students to attend their Annual Conference Student Track., as well as for study-abroad. http://www.hacu.net/hacu/HACU_Student_Programs.asp
- Hispanic Scholarship Foundation (“HSF”): HSF offers over one-hundred and fifty (150) different scholarships for Hispanic students. Since 1975, HSF has awarded over $470 million in scholarships. Invaluable resource for first-generation and/or low income students because over 2/3 of scholarship recipients fall into those categories. https://hsf.net/en/scholarships/programs/
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation (“HHF”): Over the past seventeen (17) years, HHF has awarded scholarships to graduating Hispanic high school seniors from select geographic regions in a variety of different categories. Their application period is currently open and closes October 15, 2015! http://www.hispanicheritage.org/programs/youth-awards/
- Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference (“HENAAC”): HENAAC offers the “Great Minds In STEM” (“GMiS”) Scholarships to Hispanic college students majoring in STEM. The 2016-2017 scholarship application will be available in late January 2016 and closes April 30, 2016. http://www.greatmindsinstem.org/college/henaac-scholarship-program
For more information about scholarships for Hispanic students, please search our scholarship database and follow us on Twitter @ScholarshipCntr!